Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Loss for Cleveland

Cleveland is a small town, and a place where everyone knows where and what and who everything is. This house, the Gable house, is located in a prime spot on Main St. right below the bridge and beside the rail road tracks. Empty for years and years, thank goodness, it was easily recognizable for a patch of turquoise-painted brick at the top of one of the gables. My personal memory of it is that it always had great Halloween decorations when I was a kid. Sadly, though, it caught fire a few weeks ago, most likely due to lightning. Luckily the fire house is barely a minute down the street. It is a sad loss, and everyone is reminded of it daily, given it's central location in the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Everybody! Thanks for viewing my blog. If you like what I've done, please feel free to follow my blog to see my most recent posts!

Followers